Workshops and Training
Introduction to Trauma Informed Yoga Workshop
can be experienced as a result of violence, war, witnessing violence or
the death of another; natural disasters, accidents, and medical
procedures; some of us have been exposed directly, or vicariously, to
trauma through our work. A recent Canadian study found that the lifetime
prevalence of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is 1 in 10, and it
is with this in mind that we present this workshop.
This workshop is for Yoga teachers, Clinicians and individuals
who are interested in learning more about trauma informed yoga practices.
Goals of the Workshop:
- To provide a better understanding of trauma
- An introduction to the physiology of trauma,
common trauma responses and symptoms.
- To provide an understanding of how yoga can
be helpful in reducing some of the symptoms of trauma.
- To discuss the power of language and how it
relates to trauma informed practice.
- Ways to consider safety in the classroom
including classroom set-up, poses and adjustments.
Please check back for upcoming dates